CSuisse narrowly wins vote for conditional capital bonus plan
ZURICH May 9 (Reuters) - Credit Suisse won a narrow vote to issue new shares for staff bonuses at the Swiss bank's annual general meeting on Friday, with nearly 30 percent of investors opposing the move.
More than 67 percent of the Swiss bank's shareholders backed the proposal, which required a two-thirds majority to pass.
U.S.-based proxy advisor ISS opposed the bank's plan, which will more than treble conditional capital to 1.6 million Swiss francs ($1.82 million) . ($1 = 0.8781 Swiss Francs) (Reporting By Katharina Bart)
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Ferguson protest march marks two weeks since police shooting |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- Islamist militants on rise in Austria: government