CANADA FX-C$ weakens to session low after disappointing jobs data
TORONTO May 9 (Reuters) - The Canadian dollar weakened to a session low against the greenback on Friday after data showed the domestic economy unexpectedly shed jobs in April.
The Canadian dollar was at C$1.0886 to the greenback, or 91.86 U.S. cents, weaker than Thursday's close of C$1.0823, or 92.40 U.S. cents. The currency hit a low of C$1.0902 immediately after the release. (Reporting by Leah Schnurr Editing by W Simon)
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- Russian-backed separatists enter southeast Ukraine town
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |