Polish Citigroup unit exceeds forecasts with Q1 profit
WARSAW May 9 (Reuters) - Citigroup's Polish unit said on Friday its net profit in the first quarter fell by almost a third, hit by lower net interest income in the face of record-low interest rates environment.
Bank Handlowy reported a bottom line of 248 million zlotys ($82.2 million), coming in above analyst forecast of 213 million. ($1 = 3.0184 Polish Zlotys) (Reporting by Marcin Goclowski; Editing by Adrian Krajewski)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in Manhattan hospital after return from Guinea |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- Stress tests, Ebola cool global stocks after best week of year