Spain's Telefonica Q1 net profit drops 23 pct, misses forecast
MADRID May 9 (Reuters) - Spain's Telefonica said on Friday its net profit for the first quarter of the year fell 23.2 percent to 692 million euros ($959 million), missing a Reuters forecast for 712 million euros.
Europe's biggest telecoms company by revenue said its operating income (OIBDA) dropped 14 percent to 3.929 billion euros, also missing a Reuters forecast for 3.935 billion euros. ($1 = 0.7214 Euros) (Reporting by Julien Toyer; Editing by Sonya Dowsett)
- Israel keeps up Gaza assault; diplomats seek ceasefire |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food