Bouygues Telecom eying up to 2,000 job cuts - paper
PARIS May 11 (Reuters) - French telecoms operator Bouygues Telecom may lay off more than 20 percent of its workforce after failing in its bid to take over rival SFR, French newspaper Le Figaro reported on Sunday.
Unions fear that up to 2,000 jobs are on the line out of 9,000 at the group, although no announcement is expected before European Parliament elections on May 25, the daily said in an excerpt from its edition for Monday.
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- Obama says does not yet have broad strategy for Islamic State