Kuwait's Burgan Bank Q1 net profit up 10 pct
KUWAIT May 11 (Reuters) - Burgan Bank, Kuwait's third-largest lender by assets, reported a 10 percent increase in first-quarter net profit on Sunday, beating analyst estimates.
Burgan, a unit of Kuwait Projects Co (KIPCO), made a net profit of 17.1 million dinars ($60.8 million) in the three months to the end of March, compared to 15.6 million in the same period a year ago, it said in a statement.
Five analysts in a Reuters survey estimated an average net profit of 16.07 million dinars for the first quarter. ($1 = 0.2813 Kuwaiti Dinars) (Reporting by Sylvia Westall; Editing by David French)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- Polish president warns Germany of Putin's 'empire' ambitions
- EU wields Russia sanctions threat but timing vague |
- Car tied to suspected threat against Obama found in Connecticut