Facebook to open sales office in China -Bloomberg
May 12 (Reuters) - Facebook Inc plans to open a sales office in China to work with local advertisers, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
The world's largest social networking company is in talks to lease space in the Fortune Financial Center in Beijing's central business district, Blooming said, citing the sources.
Facebook could open an office in China within a year, a person familiar with the matter said. (r.reuters.com/vag39v)
Facebook could not be immediately reached for comment outside of U.S. business hours.
The sales office would put, for the first time, Facebook employees inside mainland China, where its services are blocked. Facebook has a sales office in Hong Kong. (Reporting by Mridhula Raghavan in Bangalore; Editing by Richard Chang)
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Kurds issue call to arms as Islamic State gains in Syria