Hillshire to buy Pinnacle Foods for $6.6 billion
May 12 (Reuters) - Packaged food company Hillshire Brands Co said it would acquire Pinnacle Foods Inc for about $6.6 billion, including debt, in a cash and stock deal.
Hillshire said the implied purchase price based on the 10-day average closing price is $36.02 per share and represents an 18 percent premium to Pinnacle Foods' closing price on May 9. (Reporting by Siddharth Cavale in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- Former 'American Idol' contestant Joanne Borgella dies at 32