REFILE-Tesaro's experimental drug meets main goal in final trial
(Refiles to fix spelling of "experimental" in paragraph 1)
May 12 (Reuters) - Tesaro Inc said its experimental drug for the prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting met the main goal in a third late-stage trial.
Tesaro shares jumped nearly 15 percent to $27.50 in premarket trading.
The company had said in December the drug, rolapitant, was also found to be effective for use in the same indication in two other late-stage trials. (Reporting by Natalie Grover in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- IMF's Lagarde put under investigation in French fraud case |