Developer Damac Real Estate Q1 net profit up 79 pct on Dubai growth
DUBAI May 13 (Reuters) - Damac Real Estate said on Tuesday that its net profit for the first quarter rose 79 percent as the developer benefited from buoyant conditions in its Dubai home market.
Net profit for the first three months of 2014 was $210 million compared to $117 million in the corresponding period last year, it said in a regulatory filing in London.
"The continued economic recovery in our core market of Dubai has supported strong sales in the first quarter of 2014," Hussain Sajwani, executive chairman and chief executive of Damac, said in the statement.
Booked sales more than doubled year-on-year to $864 million in the first quarter, Damac said. (Reporting by David French; Editing by Olzhas Auyezov)
- Trucks from aid convoy to Ukraine start crossing back into Russia |
- Restraint marks Ferguson, Missouri protests for third straight night |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist