Telecom Egypt Q1 net profit down 36 pct
CAIRO May 13 (Reuters) - Telecom Egypt on Tuesday reported a 36-percent fall in first-quarter net profit after taxes of 549 million Egyptian pounds ($77.82 million) on Tuesday.
The landline monopoly, in which the government owns an 80 percent stake, said revenues totaled 2.564 billion Egyptian pounds, down 5.6 percent.
($1 = 7.0550 Egyptian Pounds) (Reporting by Stephen Kalin; editing by Jason Neely)
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies