Encana operating profit doubles on higher gas prices
May 13 (Reuters) - Encana Corp , Canada's largest natural-gas producer, said its first-quarter operating profit more than doubled, helped by higher gas prices and liquids production.
The company's operating profit rose to $515 million, or 70 cents per share, in the quarter ended March 31, from $179 million, or 24 cents per share, a year earlier. (Reporting by Scott Haggett and Ashutosh Pandey; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Calm largely holds in Missouri after grand jury opens shooting investigation |
- Russia extends scrutiny of McDonald's restaurants |