At least 200 trapped after explosion in Turkish coal mine -mayor
ISTANBUL May 13 (Reuters) - At least two hundred miners were trapped after an explosion caused a fire in a coal mine in the western Turkish province of Manisa on Tuesday, the local mayor told CNN Turk television.
The mayor of Soma, a district in Manisa, told the broadcaster that 20 workers had been rescued. (Writing by Ece Toksabay; Editing by Nick Tattersall and Robin Pomeroy)
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Chinese envoy says North Korea's Kim Jong Un may visit Beijing: Yonhap
- 'Forced labor' rife in Malaysian electronics factories: report