Turquoise Hill says considering selling SouthGobi stake
May 13 (Reuters) - Mining company Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd is considering selling its stake in Mongolian coal miner SouthGobi Resources Ltd, the chief executive of Turquoise Hill said on Tuesday.
"Oyu Tolgoi continues to be our material asset and our main focus. As such there is consideration being given to divesting our stake in SouthGobi," Kay Priestly said on a conference call.
Turquoise Hill owns about 58 percent of SouthGobi, according to Turquoise Hill's website.
(Reporting by Nicole Mordant in Vancouver, Editing by Franklin Paul)
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine
- Guilt may spoil restorative effects of entertainment
- Water main break, geyser flood UCLA campus, strand motorists |
- At least 43 Palestinians killed as Israel maintains pressure on Gaza |