At least one killed in mine collapse in western Turkey: media
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - At least one miner was killed and dozens were believed to be trapped after a coal mine collapsed in the western Turkish province of Manisa on Tuesday, Turkish media reported.
The mayor of Soma, a district in Manisa, told CNN Turk television that at least 200-300 workers were working in the mine when there was an explosion caused by an electrical fault.
(Reporting by Ece Toksabay; editing by Nick Tattersall; Editing by John Stonestreet)
- Restraint marks Ferguson, Missouri protests for third straight night |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- Trucks from aid convoy to Ukraine start crossing back into Russia |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist