Popolare Sondrio Q1 net profit nearly quadruples
MILAN May 14 (Reuters) - Italy's Banca Popolare di Sondrio said on Wednesday net profit for the first quarter had nearly quadrupled to 42 million euros ($57.6 million) from 11 million last year, helped by higher interest income, commission and fees.
The mid-tier bank is one of 15 under review by the European Central Bank in a check up of lenders across the euro zone this year.
Popolare Sondrio is carrying out a 350 million-euro rights issue to strengthen its capital base in light of the review. ($1 = 0.7294 Euros) (Reporting by Agnieszka Flak, editing by Danilo Masoni)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel