Popolare Sondrio Q1 net profit nearly quadruples
MILAN May 14 (Reuters) - Italy's Banca Popolare di Sondrio said on Wednesday net profit for the first quarter had nearly quadrupled to 42 million euros ($57.6 million) from 11 million last year, helped by higher interest income, commission and fees.
The mid-tier bank is one of 15 under review by the European Central Bank in a check up of lenders across the euro zone this year.
Popolare Sondrio is carrying out a 350 million-euro rights issue to strengthen its capital base in light of the review. ($1 = 0.7294 Euros) (Reporting by Agnieszka Flak, editing by Danilo Masoni)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.