Brazil's Grupo BTG Pactual in talks with Generali for BSI sale
SAO PAULO May 14 (Reuters) - Grupo BTG Pactual SA, Latin America's largest independent investment bank, is in exclusive talks to buy wealth management firm BSI from Italian insurer Generali SpA, according to a statement by Generali.
Sao Paulo-based BTG Pactual, controlled by billionaire financier Andre Esteves, is seeking the purchase to add more fee-related activities to the fast-growing banking empire he has built since 2009, according to a source familiar with the Brazilian bank's plans. (Reporting by Guillermo Parra-Bernal and Lisa Jucca.)
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |