Italy authorises Monte Paschi foundation to underwrite capital hike
ROME May 14 (Reuters) - Italy's Treasury has authorised the Monte Paschi Foundation, the former top shareholder of the Tuscan lender Monte dei Paschi di Siena, to underwrite the bank's capital increase of 5 billion euros ($6.86 billion), a Treasury sposkesman said on Wednesday.
The capital increase, which was recently increased from a previously planned 3 billion euros, is expected to begin in mid-June and be completed by the end of July.
($1 = 0.7294 Euros) (Reporting by Giuseppe Fonte, writing by Gavin Jones)
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip: report
- Obama to Republican critics on immigration: 'Pass a bill'