Li & Fung says some of its suppliers in Vietnam halt production
HONG KONG May 14 (Reuters) - Global exporter Li & Fung said on Wednesday that some of its suppliers in Vietnam had suspended production amid anti-China protests over a disputed area in the South China Sea.
The news came after Yue Yuen Industrial Holdings Ltd , maker of footwear for companies such as Nike Inc and Adidas, said it had also suspended production in Vietnam as a precautionary measure due to the protests.
A spokesperson for Li & Fung, which supplies retailers like Kohl's Corp and Wal-Mart Stores Inc with clothing, toys and other products, said some of its suppliers in Vietnam had halted production on Wednesday as a precautionary measure. He gave no further details.
(Reporting By Donny Kwok; Editing by Anne Marie Roantree)
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |