JGBs slightly firmer as BOJ maintains superlong buying rate
TOKYO May 14 (Reuters) - Japanese government bond prices were slightly firmer on Wednesday, after the Bank of Japan maintained its stimulatory bond purchases of superlong maturities, despite a report earlier this week that it would cut back its buying.
Ten-year JGB futures prices edged up 0.06 point to 145.10 while the cash 10-year bond yield ticked down 0.5 basis point to 0.600 percent.
The 30-year bond yield stood flat at 1.705 perecnt .
(Reporting by Takahiro Okamoto; Editing by Eric Meijer)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM