MSCI reclassifies stock indexes, adds Twitter to world index
(Refiles with no changes to text)
NEW YORK May 14 (Reuters) - Equity index provider MSCI on Wednesday reclassified equities across a broad spectrum of markets as part of its semi-annual review, including the addition of Twitter to its all world index.
It reclassified Qatar and UAE to emerging market status from frontier market status as expected, and it added 10 Qatar companies and nine United Arab Emirates companies to its all world index.
Its three largest additions to the all world index will be Twitter, American Airlines and Intesa Sanpaolo.
Qatar National Bank, Industries Qatar and National Bank of Abu Dhabi will be the biggest additions to MSCI emerging markets index.
MSCI is adding Shanghai Raas Blood Products, Shanghai Waigaoqiao and Dongxu Optoelectronic to its China A index.
All changes will be implemented as of the close of May 30.
- Islamic State video claims to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- U.S. attorney general headed for racially charged St. Louis suburb
- 'No' from one Iraq villager triggered Islamic State mass killings |
- Islamic State says beheads U.S. journalist, holds another