New York Times appoints Dean Baquet executive editor
NEW YORK May 14 (Reuters) - The New York Times Co announced on Wednesday that Dean Baquet will become executive editor of the company's flagship newspaper, effective immediately, succeeding Jill Abramson.
Baquet has been managing editor of The New York Times since 2011.
"There is no journalist in our newsroom or elsewhere better qualified to take on the responsibilities of executive editor at this time than Dean Baquet," Arthur Sulzberger Jr, the publisher of The New York Times, said in a statement. (Reporting by Jennifer Saba in New York; Editing by Leslie Adler)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with more easing steps
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt