RHI's first-quarter sales drop 6 percent
VIENNA May 14 (Reuters) - Austrian fireproof materials maker RHI posted a 6 percent drop in first-quarter revenues, saying weaker new construction activity hurt its glass and cement businesses.
Revenues fell to 402 million euros ($551 million), RHI said on Wednesday, as sales at its Industrial division dropped 17 percent. The figure was far below the average estimate of 424 million euros in a Reuters poll of analysts.
RHI said revenues in its Steel division, its main business, were stable, and that it expected significantly higher sales overall in the current quarter due to strong incoming orders.
- Obama unveils U.S. immigration reform, setting up fight with Republicans |
- More arrests as protesters await Ferguson grand jury decision
- 'Immoral, but not illegal': metal warehousing games in the spotlight
- Western leaders step away from nuclear talks with Iran as deadline nears
- Exclusive: U.S. increasing non-lethal military aid to Ukraine