TSMC says approves $568 mln capex to expand advanced tech capacity
TAIPEI May 14 (Reuters) - Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., the world's largest contract chip maker, said its board had approved a capital budget of $568.23 million to establish, convert and upgrade advanced technology capacity.
TSMC's board also approved $107 million for research and development, the company said in a statement late on Monday, without elaborating. (Reporting by Faith Hung; Editing by Miral Fahmy)
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Kurds issue call to arms as Islamic State gains in Syria