Russia, EU to meet on May 19 to set up Ukraine energy talks
MOSCOW May 14 (Reuters) - Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak and European Energy Commissioner Guenther Oettinger agreed on Wednesday to meet on May 19 in Berlin to set a date and place for three-way talks with Ukraine.
Novak and Oettinger agreed on the meeting during a telephone call, Russia's energy ministry said in a statement. The three sides held a first round of talks in Warsaw on May 2 to seek a solution to a dispute over gas prices and supplies that threatens to spark a new "gas war". (reporting by Olesya Astakhova, writing by Elizabeth Piper, editing by Timothy Heritage)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM