Chipotle shareholders offer just 23 pct support on executive pay
BOSTON May 15 (Reuters) - Chipotle Mexican Grill received only about 23 percent support for its executive pay plan at its annual shareholder meeting held on Wednesday, a spokesman for the restaurant chain said.
The company's plan had drawn criticism as being too generous. "We take this very seriously," said Chris Arnold, spokesman for the Denver company, via e-mail.
He said the company "will continue to engage with our investors as we review our compensation programs that build value for all of our investors." (Reporting by Ross Kerber)
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- U.S. orders airlines to replace cockpit displays on 1,300 Boeing airplanes
- Japan volcano death toll likely to rise to around 46 as more victims found