Pipeline shut after crude spill in Los Angeles' Atwater Village -report
May 15 (Reuters) - About 50,000 gallons of crude oil spilled over a half-mile area due to a break in an above-ground pipeline near San Fernando Road in Atwater Village in Los Angeles on Thursday, according to a report on the NBCLA news website.
The pipeline was shut off remotely, and no injuries have been reported due to the incident, which shut down a section of Atwater Village, the report said.
The report did not say which company operates the pipeline.
(Reporting by Arpan Varghese in Bangalore; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
- Ferguson march muted, police officer disciplined over video |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- U.S. protests intercept of Navy jet by Chinese warplane