Deutsche Telekom CEO says not in any merger talks
COLOGNE, Germany May 15 (Reuters) - Deutsche Telekom is not in any talks about a potential merger, the company told its shareholders on Thursday.
Asked whether Deutsche Telekom was flirting with France's Orange Chief Executive Tim Hoettges said: "We are not talking to anyone about merging, also not to Orange. We are not even flirting."
Hoettges added that regulators should treat the European telecoms market as one and not as a collection of national markets to create an environment beneficial to cross-boarder mergers. (Reporting by Harro ten Wolde)
- Washington wins diplomatic support for campaign in Iraq; Syria trickier |
- Apple iPhone 6 pre-orders hit record 4 million on first day |
- Western sanctions are testing Russia's strength: Medvedev |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE |
- Exclusive: Two Apple medical trials shed light on how HealthKit will work