Australian financial group IOOF buys smaller rival SGF
SYDNEY May 16 (Reuters) - Australian financial services company IOOF Holdings Ltd on Friday said it plans to buy smaller rival SFG Australia Ltd for about A$670 million ($626.42 million).
IOOF will pay the equivalent of A$0.90 for each SFG share via stock-swap arrangement, a 29 percent premium to SFG's closing price on Thursday, the companies said in a joint statement on Friday.
The statement said the SFG board unanimously recommended the deal to shareholders. ($1 = 1.0696 Australian Dollars) (Reporting by Byron Kaye; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Police move against protesters as calm dissolves in Ferguson, Missouri
- 'No' from one Iraq villager triggered Islamic State mass killings |
- Islamic State says beheads U.S. journalist, holds another
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |