Australian financial group IOOF buys smaller rival SGF
SYDNEY May 16 (Reuters) - Australian financial services company IOOF Holdings Ltd on Friday said it plans to buy smaller rival SFG Australia Ltd for about A$670 million ($626.42 million).
IOOF will pay the equivalent of A$0.90 for each SFG share via stock-swap arrangement, a 29 percent premium to SFG's closing price on Thursday, the companies said in a joint statement on Friday.
The statement said the SFG board unanimously recommended the deal to shareholders. ($1 = 1.0696 Australian Dollars) (Reporting by Byron Kaye; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Former WWE champ nabs suspected burglar in Arizona
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |
- China's Guangdong province removes over 850 'naked officials' from their posts