PHILIPPINES PRESS-Court asked to stop PLDT stockholders' meeting - BusinessWorld
A private lawyer has asked the Supreme Court to stop Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co from holding its annual stockholders' meeting set for June 10 amid questions about the company's foreign ownership, BusinessWorld newspaper reported.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Compiled by Manila Newsroom; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad