PHILIPPINES PRESS-Court asked to stop PLDT stockholders' meeting - BusinessWorld
A private lawyer has asked the Supreme Court to stop Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co from holding its annual stockholders' meeting set for June 10 amid questions about the company's foreign ownership, BusinessWorld newspaper reported.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Compiled by Manila Newsroom; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Accused White House intruder is decorated Iraq war veteran