Poland's PKO Q1 net profit rises 2 pct, in line with f'casts
WARSAW May 15 (Reuters) - Poland's biggest lender PKO BP reported a 2-percent rise in first-quarter net profit, in line with market forecasts, as the negative impact of record-low rates was offset by higher lending on the back of an economic upturn, it said on Thursday.
PKO said its net profit stood at 803 million zlotys ($262.8 million) in the first quarter, compared to 806 million seen in Reuters poll. ($1 = 3.0557 Polish Zlotys) (Reporting by Marcin Goclowski; Editing by Adrian Krajewski)
- More troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots |
- Merkel hits diplomatic dead-end with Putin
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
- Ukraine reports new arrivals of Russian supplies for eastern rebels |
- Gunshots echo as violence returns to Ferguson, protests across U.S.