Ukraine says ready to pay Russia $4 bln by end of May for gas
KIEV May 15 (Reuters) - Ukraine is ready to pay Russia $4 bln for gas supplies by the end of May, Deputy Energy Minister Ihor Didenko said on Thursday, adding that Kiev used $268.5 per 1,000 cubic metres as the base price to calculate the sum.
"The Ukrainian side has clearly said that if the price of $268.5 is fixed, then Naftogaz is ready to pay before the end of May a sum of around $4 billion," Didenko told a news conference.
He also said Ukraine planned to import from Russia 3.4 billion cubic metres of gas in May. Russia is currently asking Ukraine to pay $485 per 1,000 cubic metres of gas. (Reporting by Pavel Polityuk, Writing by Elizabeth Piper, Editing by Timothy Heritage)
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Financial health: The four numbers to zero in on
- Ebola patient coming to U.S. as aid workers' health worsens
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |