Ukraine minister: Russia's turn to give ground on gas talks
WARSAW (Reuters) - It is down to Russia to give ground to resolve the row with Ukraine over natural gas supplies, Ukrainian Finance Minister Oleksandr Shlapak said on Thursday.
"We believe Ukraine has already made many concessions in the gas area, it is now time for Russia to make concessions," Shlapak said at the EBRD's annual meeting in the Polish capital. "The gas price has remained astronomically high."
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Civilians killed in eastern Ukraine in fierce fighting