Ex-NFL star Hernandez charged in Boston double-murder
BOSTON (Reuters) - Former New England Patriots football star Aaron Hernandez has been charged with murder in a 2012 Boston double homicide, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel Conley said at a press conference on Thursday.
Conley said Hernandez shot Daniel Abreu and Safiro Furtado, two Cape Verdean nationals, in a drive-by shooting in Boston's South End on July 16, 2012.
Hernandez, a former tight end for the National Football League team, is already in jail awaiting trial on murder charges in the shooting death of another man last June in an industrial park near his home in South Attleboro, Massachusetts.
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- Zach Galifianakis, Louis C.K. comedy show 'Baskets' picked up by FX
- U.S. seeks coalition against Islamic State, but military partners no sure bet