Ex-NFL star Hernandez charged in Boston double-murder
BOSTON (Reuters) - Former New England Patriots football star Aaron Hernandez has been charged with murder in a 2012 Boston double homicide, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel Conley said at a press conference on Thursday.
Conley said Hernandez shot Daniel Abreu and Safiro Furtado, two Cape Verdean nationals, in a drive-by shooting in Boston's South End on July 16, 2012.
Hernandez, a former tight end for the National Football League team, is already in jail awaiting trial on murder charges in the shooting death of another man last June in an industrial park near his home in South Attleboro, Massachusetts.
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court orders Russia to pay $50 billion in Yukos case
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Europe subdued, Russia shares tumble on new sanctions
- Fighting complicates Ukraine crash probe, U.S., EU prepare Russia sanctions |