Delinquency rates fall at major U.S. banks in April
May 15 (Reuters) - A majority of big U.S. banks reported a drop in delinquency rates for the month of April as customers made their credit card payments on time. Charge-offs also fell at these banks.
Citigroup Inc was the only one to report a rise in both delinquency and charge-off rates.
Net charge-off rate Delinquency rate
Apr 2014 Mar 2014 Apr 2014 Mar 2014 JPMorgan Chase 3.05 3.07 1.44 1.53 American Express 1.6 1.8 1.0 1.1 Bank of America 3.42 3.55 2.08 2.18 Capital One 3.98 4.18 2.82 3.02 Discover Financial 1.72 1.81 1.52 1.57 Citigroup 2.59 2.30 1.54 1.53 (Compiled by Amrutha Gayathri in Bangalore)
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. hospital to discharge doctor treated with experimental Ebola drug
- British Muslim calls for action on jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Ukraine border guards begin checks on Russian aid trucks