Vedanta full-year revenue, core earnings fall
May 15 (Reuters) - Vedanta Resources Plc, the mining company majority owned by one-time scrap metal dealer Anil Agarwal, reported a fall in revenue and core earnings for 2013.
The company said core earnings for the financial year ended March 31 decreased 8.5 percent to $4.49 billion. Revenue fell 11.6 percent to $12.95 billion.
Analysts on average expected the company to report revenue of $13.16 billion and core earnings of $4.47 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Vedanta raised its final dividend to 39 cents from 37 cents a year earlier. (Reporting by Karen Rebelo in Bangalore; Editing by Robin Paxton)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting