China smartphone maker Xiaomi announces first tablet
BEIJING May 15 (Reuters) - Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi Tech announced its first tablet at a product launch event in Beijing on Thursday, expanding its product lineup in a potential challenge to Samsung Electronics Co Ltd and Apple Inc.
Last week sources familiar with the matter had told Reuters that Xiaomi would soon launch a tablet.
Beijing-based Xiaomi became the world's sixth-largest smartphone vendor in the first quarter of 2014, according to data firm Canalys.
(Reporting by Paul Carsten)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media |
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Ukraine warns Europe of Russian gas cut-off, Moscow denies