Chile CFR shares jump over 45 pct following news of Abbott deal
SANTIAGO May 16 (Reuters) - Shares in CFR Pharmaceuticals SA jumped over 45 percent in opening trade on Friday following news that Abbott Laboratories would acquire the company in a $2.9 billion deal.
CFR shares had remained closed on the Santiago stock exchange to give the market time to digest the news. (Reporting by Santiago newsroom, Editing by Franklin Paul)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |