China tightens grip on interbank lending to curb risks
BEIJING May 16 (Reuters) - China has issued detailed rules on interbank lending, deposits and other businesses to help contain financial risks and support the real economy, the central bank said on Friday.
The rules jointly issued by the central bank, the banking regulator, securities regulator, insurance regulator and foreign exchange regulator, cover lending, deposits and payments between banks and other financial institutions. (Reporting by China economics team; Editing by Kim Coghill)
- U.S. leaders call for 'war' on Ebola outbreak, pledge troops
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Stocks end higher on bet Fed won't change rate stance
- Ukraine ratifies EU deal, offers special status to rebels