RPT-Taiwan's Hon Hai halts Vietnam production for 3 days
(Repeats to attach to alert)
HONG KONG May 16 (Reuters) - Taiwan contract manufacturer Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd has ordered its workers in Vietnam to take a three-day leave of absence beginning on Saturday, the company said in an e-mailed statement on Friday.
Anti-China protests, triggered by a dispute in the South China Sea, have led to vandalism, factory shut-downs and some deaths in several industrial parks in Vietnam.
Hon Hai makes parts for Apple Inc's iPhone, iPad and laptops, as well as computers and servers for Hewlett-Packard Co and Cisco Systems Inc. (Reporting by Clare Jim; Editing by Clarence Fernandez)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey as Islamic State advances |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |