STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil consumer loan demand rises in April, Serasa says
Demand for consumer credit in Brazil rose 1.3 percent in April from the previous month, though higher interest rates and declining consumer confidence continue to weigh on new borrowing, credit research company Serasa Experian said on Friday.
Demand for consumer credit fell 11 percent in April from a year earlier, Serasa added, partly due to fewer working days in the month.
- Hong Kong police use pepper spray to disperse pro-democracy protesters |
- Putin calls for talks on east Ukraine 'statehood'; rebels fire on ship |
- Dozens arrested at Made in America music festival in Los Angeles
- Pakistani protesters push closer to PM house, force TV off the air |
- Israel claims West Bank land for possible settlement use, draws U.S. rebuke