STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil consumer loan demand rises in April, Serasa says
Demand for consumer credit in Brazil rose 1.3 percent in April from the previous month, though higher interest rates and declining consumer confidence continue to weigh on new borrowing, credit research company Serasa Experian said on Friday.
Demand for consumer credit fell 11 percent in April from a year earlier, Serasa added, partly due to fewer working days in the month.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with more easing steps
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt