Russia says will discuss gas price discount if Kiev pays $2.237 bln of debt
MOSCOW May 16 (Reuters) - Russia is ready to discuss a gas price discount for Ukraine if Ukraine pays off the $2.237 billion it owed Russia for gas as of April 1, Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak said on Friday.
"We will discuss this if they pay even the debt owed on April 1, and this was $2.237 billion," he said. Russia has said Kiev's gas debt has now reached just over $3.5 billion.
(Reporting by Katya Golubkova, writing by Jason Bush, Editing by Timothy Heritage)
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand