Cyprus finance minister says lenders successfully conclude mission
NICOSIA May 17 (Reuters) - International lenders have successfully concluded a fourth review of Cyprus's bailed-out economy, the island's finance minister said on Saturday.
"It was noted that progress was achieved in all sectors of the economy," Finance Minister Haris Georgiades told reporters. Cyprus required a 10-billion-euro bailout from lenders in March 2013 and is following a three-year economic adjustment programme. (Reporting By Michele Kambas; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says, as death toll nears 850 |
- Obama tells Central American leaders most children will go home
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |