Fed's Fisher does not comment on economy, policy
May 17 (Reuters) - Dallas Federal Reserve Bank President Richard Fisher made no reference to the economic outlook or monetary policy in remarks prepared for delivery to graduates of Bryant University in Smithfield, R.I. on Saturday.
Fisher, who votes on Fed policy this year, is next expected to speak on policy on May 19 at a conference on monetary policy at the Bush Institute in Dallas, where he is to appear on a panel with San Francisco Fed President John Williams. (Reporting by Ann Saphir; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday |
- World stocks advance on strong data, earnings