Three suspects remanded in custody in Turkey mine investigation
SOMA, Turkey May 18 (Reuters) - A Turkish court ruled on Sunday to keep three suspects in custody out of 25 people detained on a provisional charge of "causing multiple deaths" in last week's mine disaster, the prosecutor in charge of the case said.
Prosecutor Bekir Sahiner told reporters an initial report on the possible causes of the accident, in which 301 people died, indicated that the fire could have been triggered by coal heating up after it came into contact with the air. (Writing by Daren Butler; Editing by Alison Williams)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- Alibaba surges 38 percent on massive demand in market debut |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |