BRIEF-Chesnara first-quarter IFRS profit falls
May 19 (Reuters) - Chesnara Plc
* Profit on an ifrs basis before tax for quarter ended 31 march 2014 of £7.3m (quarter ended 31 march 2013: £8.7m).
* Protection life has generated a profit slightly above expectations in its first full quarter of chesnara ownership.
* Increase in eev to £379.9m at 31 march 2014 from £376.4m at 31 december 2013.
* Acquisition outlook remains positive following acquisition of protection life in november 2013.
* Eev pre-tax profit (excluding modelling adjustments and exchange rate impacts) for quarter ended 31 march 2014 of £8.6m
* Solvency ratios remain strong, with group solvency at 200% (31 december 2013: 194%), ca plc at 231% (31 december 2013: 218%), pl at 167% (31 december 2013: 156%) and movestic at 327% (31 december 2013: 311%). Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Hagel, under pressure, resigns as U.S. defense secretary |
- Missouri grand jury makes decision in fatal shooting of black teen |
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- Iran nuclear talks extended seven months after failing to meet deadline |