BRIEF-Chesnara first-quarter IFRS profit falls
May 19 (Reuters) - Chesnara Plc
* Profit on an ifrs basis before tax for quarter ended 31 march 2014 of £7.3m (quarter ended 31 march 2013: £8.7m).
* Protection life has generated a profit slightly above expectations in its first full quarter of chesnara ownership.
* Increase in eev to £379.9m at 31 march 2014 from £376.4m at 31 december 2013.
* Acquisition outlook remains positive following acquisition of protection life in november 2013.
* Eev pre-tax profit (excluding modelling adjustments and exchange rate impacts) for quarter ended 31 march 2014 of £8.6m
* Solvency ratios remain strong, with group solvency at 200% (31 december 2013: 194%), ca plc at 231% (31 december 2013: 218%), pl at 167% (31 december 2013: 156%) and movestic at 327% (31 december 2013: 311%). Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad