Pork supplier Cranswick's full-year profit rises 6 pct
May 19 (Reuters) - British pork and pies producer Cranswick Plc reported a 6 percent rise in full-year pretax profit helped by increased consumer appetite for locally produced pork and products such as sausage, bacon and sandwiches.
Adjusted pretax profit jumped to 52.2 million pounds ($87.9 million) in the year ended March 31 from 49.1 million pounds a year earlier.
Revenue rose about 14 percent to 994.9 million pounds.
($1 = 0.5942 British Pounds) (Reporting by Aastha Agnihotri in Bangalore; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |