Ophthotech licenses experimental eye drug to Novartis
May 19 (Reuters) - Ophthotech Corp said it granted the rights to market its experimental eye drug outside the United States to a unit of Novartis AG.
Ophthotech said it could receive immediate payments including upfront fees of $200 million and milestone payments of $130 million.
The company said it could receive over $1 billion in upfront and milestone payments over the course of the collaboration, not including royalties on potential sales of the drug, Fovista. (Reporting By Vrinda Manocha in Bangalore; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand