Brazil beef producer JBS plans food unit IPO to raise $2.26 bln
BRASILIA May 20 (Reuters) - JBS S.A., Latin America's biggest beef producer, expects to raise about 5 billion reais ($2.26 billion) from an initial public offering by its wholly-owned food processor unit JBS Foods, a company source said on Tuesday.
JBS, which controls leading beef exporter Friboi, said in a securities filing that it plans to launch the IPO on the Novo Mercado segment of the Sao Paulo stock exchange.
($1 = 2.2148 reais) (Reporting by Roberto Samora; Editing by David Gregorio)
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Poroshenko to seek ceasefire after 'very tough' talks with Putin |
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- Gaza ceasefire holding as focus turns to longer term |
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers