Libya to hold national election on June 25: TV
TRIPOLI (Reuters) - Libya will hold a national parliamentary election on June 25, local television station al Nabaa said on Tuesday, quoting the election commission.
Parliament had said in February that it would call early elections, bowing to pressure from many Libyans frustrated over the country's chaotic transition towards democracy since the 2011 uprising that ousted Muammar Gaddafi.
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note